If you didn't get a chance to read one or all of the posts for the last week, I'll list them below for you and you can play catch up in order to be ready for more of the history of the Lone Star State.
Texas History: The Week in Review
- Words From a Texas Hero in 1836- I have become enthralled by the letters from eyewitnesses to the events of the Texas Revolution. Their historical significance can not be underestimated. The letter you are about to read comes to us from the General Land Office of all places.
- A Grown Man Recalls the Texas Revolution from His Childhood Days -The title says it all.
- The Story of Joe the Slave at the Alamo - This is a great story. As a matter of fact, it's the best story I have discovered to date.
- Brother vs Brother in the Texas Revolution - This is another fascinating post. What it must have been like with your brother on the Texas side of the Revolution and you on the Mexican side. Unimaginable to me.
- A Texas Hero From Germany - This guy could have been one of my ancestors. I know for a fact that I had relatives that fought at the Alamo. Ancestry.com, here I come!