- Broken Lady - A damn fine song about a love that goes wrong and the effects it has on the wife.
- I Just Wish You Were Someone I Loved - The title says it all.
- Houston (Means That I'm One Day Closer to You) - The guys' last Number 1 record.
- I Don't Wanna Cry - A man pleads for one last chance at love with his woman.
- Midnight Choir - An irreverent song about the homeless, wine and Jesus
- She Used to Somebody's Baby - A good foot stomper! One of my favorite Gatlin Bros. songs
- Night Time Magic - A crummy copy of a great song. My favorite Gatlin song.
Monday, October 25, 2010
Tanya Tucker, and today we are going to take a look at three brothers from Seminole who harmonized their way to the top of the country charts - Larry, Steve and Rudy Gatlin. The Gatlin boys' three part harmony propelled them to the pinnacle of the Country Music world with songs like their biggest hit, All the Gold in California. With all their success, the Gatlin Brothers had only three Number One songs, a fact that surprised me a little bit. However, they were consistently in the Top 10 on the Billboard Magazine Country Charts with some great songs like these: