|If Alan ain't country you can kiss my....you know|
Alan Jackson burst on to the Country Music scene with his first major release, Here In the Real World and has never looked back. As of this writing, Jackson has had over 50 singles in the Billboard Magazine charts and twenty-five of those have been Number 1's. And every damned one of those chart singles have been COUNTRY. Alan and another Country Legend, George Strait, lambasted the idiots who pour out all this Pop pablum and try to market it as Country in Murder On Music Row. Now that's what I'm talkin' about! Between Strait and Jackson, they have about 75 Number 1's and probably 100 million album sales, plus over 50 years combined as major Country stars, and the dumbasses in Nashville just don't seem to get it. Simply amazing.
The following songs are why Alan Jackson records will be played on the radio long after we leave this world. Classics, every damned one of them. Because I said so. :)
- Here in the Real World - His first major release. A star was born.
- Wanted - One of the best Country songs ever.
- Chasin' That Neon Rainbow - I love the picture this song paints in my mind.
- Where Were You (When the World Stopped Turning) - Simply brilliant.
- It's Five O'clock Somewhere - Cheers!
- Livin' on Love - Growin' old together.