Monday, August 2, 2010

Maine Minutiae : Carrabassett Valley

Mount Bigelow*
 I often say that I'd rather be lucky than good. Today I was lucky. I found out about Carrabassett Valley. Read on. As you may have correctly surmised by now, I am an outdoors kind of guy...especially if there is fishable water in the general vicinity. Fish.Fear.Me. Using my 5th Degree Black Belt in Google-Fu and blazing speed of hand, I round-house kicked and back flipped my way through the deepest, darkest, most villainous part of the internet like Jackie Chan through a beauty parlor full of hairdressers with dull scissors. The result of this death-defying dive into deviousness was to find one of the coolest websites I have ever seen.. Not cool because of the technical aspects of it (which are 1st rate), cool because of the content. If you are like me and see God's Handiwork and in it, God Himself, please click this link and thoroughly peruse the site about Carrabassett Valley. You will not be disappointed. I promise.  And to think this place is only 74 miles from where I live and is open year round.  Chances are that you'll never be able to make it to Maine to behold this masterpiece, perhaps however, you can use your own Google-Fu to find something just as breathtaking near you. Maybe you'll, like me, get lucky and discover a Carrabassett Valley in your neighborhood.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright ©

All Original Material © Toby Shoemaker