Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Colorado Chronicles : Royal Gorge

Royal Gorge is one of the coolest places I have seen in Colorado. Take a look at these images and you'll see what I mean. The suspension bridge at Royal Gorge was at one time the highest suspension bridge in the world at 1053 feet above the Arkansas River. When I visited there many years ago, there was actually a sign that read "No Fishing From Bridge" ! I. Am. Not. Kidding. One of the neat things about Royal Gorge Park is the abundance of deer that are quite used to human contact, and I had a photo of me feeding a deer from a McDonald's cup that I held in my hand. Talk about a marketing opportunity ! I lost the picture. Oh well. I know many of my friends in Texas visit Colorado on a regular basis and I highly recommend Royal Gorge (take Canon City Exit off I-25) as a stopping point. The grandkids would love and you would, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright ©

All Original Material © Toby Shoemaker