Thursday, June 17, 2010

Colorado Chronicles : Nederland and The Frozen Dead Guy

What's not to like about a town that is famous for, amongst other things, a frozen dead guy ? I used to live in Nederland and it's one of my favorite places ever. It's located 15 miles up Boulder Canyon from the city of Boulder. Ned, as the locals call it, is a very small town where everything is within walking distance of home. There's no Wal Mart there, but there is a supermarket, restaurants/pubs, Eldora Ski Area, South Boulder Creek (which was about 7 feet out my backdoor!), Barker Reservoir (pictured above) for trout fishin' and a liquor store. What else could you want? If I could convince my wife to move there, I'd do it in a heartbeat. I still have lots of friends in and very fond memories of Nederland, Colorado.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright ©

All Original Material © Toby Shoemaker